Spinach, Blueberry, and Banana Smoothie
Berries contain flavonoids, a powerful antioxidant as well as a type of dietary fiber called pectin. In combination with the vitamin and mineral content of spinach and bananas, this smoothie packs a powerful nutritional punch.
- 1 Ninja blender
- 2 Drinking glasses
- 3 spinach cubes frozen spinach in ice cube tray
- 1 banana frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup blueberries frozen or fresh
- 1/2 cup raspberries frozen or fresh
- 1 scoop protein powder flavor of your choice
- 2 cups non dairy milk
- Add three frozen spinach cubes into blender or blender cup.
- Add all berries and banana into blender or blender cup.
- Add the scoop of protein powder.
- Lastly, fill blender or blender cup with non dairy milk.
WHAT’S SO GREAT ABOUT IT?
- Spinach: Spinach is a great source of vitamins A, C and E, and it also contains high levels of calcium, iron, potassium and protein. Additionally, spinach contains choline, a B-complex vitamin that supports healthy cognitive function. The iron content in spinach helps to build healthy blood cells.
- Blueberry: Like apples, blueberries contain pectin as well as flavonoids, which may help reduce your risk for type 2 diabetes. Blueberries are also rich in vitamin C, potassium, and tannins, which have antiviral and antibacterial properties. Additionally, blueberries contain manganese, which contributes to healthy bone growth.
- Raspberry: Like all berries, raspberries contains vitamins C, K, and E. In addition, raspberries are a good source of folate, copper, iron, and manganese. They have also been linked to a reduced cholesterol and have been shown to inhibit the growth of certain types of cancer.
- Banana: Bananas are rich in B vitamins, which help promote healthy sleep patterns and reduce mood swings and irritability. This fruit also provides plenty of vitamin C in addition to potassium and magnesium, all of which help to replenish the body’s store of electrolytes. Bananas are also naturally sweet- they can be pureed and blended into any of your favorite juices.
This post contains affiliate links, which means we may receive a small commission for purchases through these links.